- of or relating to a magnet or magnetism.
- having the properties of a magnet.
- capable of being magnetized or attracted by a magnet.
- pertaining to the magnetic field of the earth: the magnetic equator.
- exerting a strong attractive power or charm: a magnetic personality.
- noting or pertaining to various bearings and measurements as indicated by a magnetic compass: magnetic amplitude; magnetic course; magnetic meridian.
- of, producing, or operated by means of magnetism
- of or concerned with a magnet
- of or concerned with the magnetism of the earththe magnetic equator
- capable of being magnetized
- exerting a powerful attractiona magnetic personality
adj.1610s, literal; 1630s, figurative, from Modern Latin magneticus, from Latin magnes (see magnet).
- Producing, caused by, or making use of magnetic fields.