- the act of fastening, securing, uniting, or the like.
- anything that binds.
- the covering within which the leaves of a book are bound.
- a strip of material that protects or decorates the edge of a tablecloth, rug, etc.
- Skiing. a mechanical device on a ski, usually made of metal, that fastens the boot securely to the ski.
- that binds; restrictive.
- having power to bind or oblige; obligatory: a binding promise.
- anything that binds or fastens
- the covering within which the pages of a book are bound
- the material or tape used for binding hems, etc
- imposing an obligation or dutya binding promise
- causing hindrance; restrictive
n.mid-13c., verbal noun from bind (v.). Meaning “thing that binds” is from c.1300; “state of being bound” is from late 14c. Meaning “covering of a book” is recorded from 1640s.