- a person who refuses to conform, as to established customs, attitudes, or ideas.
- (often initial capital letter) a Protestant in England who is not a member of the Church of England; dissenter.
- a person who does not conform to generally accepted patterns of behaviour or thought
- of or characterized by behaviour that does not conform to generally accepted patterns
- a member of a Protestant denomination that dissents from an Established Church, esp the Church of England
- of, relating to, or denoting Nonconformists