- formed or existing merely by consent: a consensual transaction.
- Physiology. (of an action) involuntarily correlative with a voluntary action, as the contraction of the iris when the eye is opened.
- law (of a contract, agreement, etc) existing by consent
- law (of a sexual activity) performed with the consent of all parties involved
- (of certain reflex actions of a part of the body) responding to stimulation of another part
adj.1754, “having to do with consent,” from stem of Latin consensus (see consensus) + -al (1). Meaning “by consent” is attested from 1800. adj.
- Of or relating to a reflexive response of one body structure following stimulation of another, such as the concurrent constriction of one pupil in response to light shined in the other.
- Of or relating to involuntary movement of a body part accompanying voluntary movement of another.