- of or relating to electronics or to devices, circuits, or systems developed through electronics.
- of or relating to electrons or to an electron.
- (of a musical instrument) using electric or electronic means to produce or modify the sound.
- of, relating to, or controlled by computers or computerized systems: electronic voting; an electronic document.
- of or noting computerized products, services, or technologies: electronic banking.
- of, concerned with, using, or operated by devices in which electrons are conducted through a semiconductor, free space, or gas
- of or concerned with electronics
- of or concerned with electrons or an electronan electronic energy level in a molecule
- involving or concerned with the representation, storage, or transmission of information by electronic systemselectronic mail; electronic shopping
adj.1902, “pertaining to electrons;” 1930 as “pertaining to electronics;” see electron + -ic. Related: Electronically.
- Relating to electrical devices that amplify and process electrical signals. Audio amplifiers, radios, and digital circuitry are electronic devices.♦ The scientific study of the behavior and design of electronic devices and circuits is called electronics. Compare electric.