- something that nourishes; food, nutriment, or sustenance.
- the act of nourishing.
- the state of being nourished.
- a process, system, method, etc., of providing or administering nourishment: a treatise on the nourishment of international trade.
- the act or state of nourishing
- a substance that nourishes; food; nutriment
n.early 15c., “food, sustenance,” from Old French norissement “food, nourishment,” from norrir (see nourish). From c.1300 as “fostering.” n.
- Something that nourishes; food.