- oneself, especially one’s own well-being or interests: to look out for number one.
- a person, company, etc., that is first in rank, order, or prestige: Our team is number one.
- urination: used especially by or with reference to children.
- of the highest in quality, status, importance, etc.; first-rate: a number one performance.
- first in rank, order, or prestige: the number one book on the bestseller list.
- make/do/go number one, Informal. to urinate: used especially by or with reference to children.
- the first in a series or sequence
- an informal phrase for oneself, myself to look after number one
- informal the most important person; leader, chiefhe’s number one in the organization
- informal the bestselling pop record in any one week
- euphemistic the act or an instance of urination
- a haircut in which the hair is cut very close to the head with an electric shaver
- first in importance, urgency, quality, etcnumber one priority
- informal (of a pop record) having reached the top of the charts