- serving to nourish; providing nutriment; nutritious.
- of, relating to, or concerned with nutrition: foods with high nutritive value.
- an item of nourishing food: a breakfast of cereals, fruits, and other nutritives.
- providing nourishment
- of, concerning, or promoting nutrition
- a nutritious food
late 14c., from Old French nutritif and directly from Medieval Latin nutritivus “nourishing,” from past participle stem of Latin nutrire “to nourish” (see nourish).
- Of or relating to nutrition.
- Nutritious; nourishing.