adjective, nut·ti·er, nut·ti·est.
- abounding in or producing nuts.
- nutlike, especially in flavor.
- silly or ridiculous: a nutty suggestion.
- eccentric; queer.
- very or excessively interested, excited, or the like: He’s nutty about Mexican food.
- full of flavor or zest; lively; stimulating; meaty: He offered several rich, nutty ideas on the subject.
adjective -tier or -tiest
- containing or abounding in nuts
- resembling nuts, esp in taste
- a slang word for insane
- (foll by over or about) informal extremely fond (of) or enthusiastic (about)