- the offering to God of the elements of bread and wine in the Eucharist.
- the whole office of the Eucharist.
- the act of making an offering, especially to a deity.
- any offering for religious or charitable uses.
- the offering of the bread and wine of the Eucharist to God
- any offering made for religious or charitable purposes
n.early 15c., from Old French oblacion “offering, pious donation” and directly from Latin oblationem (nominative oblatio) “an offering, presenting, gift,” in Late Latin “sacrifice,” from Latin oblatus (see oblate (n.)).