- a necktie striped in the colors of a specific English public school, especially as worn by a graduate to indicate his educational background.
- an alumnus of an English public school.
- the clannishness and conservative manners, dress, and attitudes associated with students and graduates of the English public schools.
- snobbishness, clannishness, or extreme conservatism.
- British a distinctive tie that indicates which school the wearer attended
- the attitudes, loyalties, values, etc, associated with British public schools