- pertaining to Mount Olympus or dwelling thereon, as the gods of classical Greece.
- pertaining to Olympia in Elis.
- of, resembling, characteristic of, or suitable to the gods of Olympus; majestic or aloof: an Olympian landscape; an Olympian disdain.
- an Olympian deity.
- a contender in the Olympic Games.
- a native or inhabitant of Olympia.
- of or relating to Mount Olympus or to the classical Greek gods
- majestic or godlike in manner or bearing
- superior to mundane considerations, esp when impractical
- of or relating to ancient Olympia or its inhabitants
- a god of Olympus
- an inhabitant or native of ancient Olympia
- mainly US a competitor in the Olympic Games
adj.“of or belonging to Olympus,” c.1600; see Olympic + -ian. The noun meaning “a great god of ancient Greece” is attested from 1843, from Late Latin Olympianus, from Greek Olympios “pertaining to Olympus;” sense of “one who competes in the (modern) Olympic Games” is from 1976.