- that can be treated by a surgical operation.Compare inoperable(def 2).
- capable of being put into use, operation, or practice.
- capable of being treated by a surgical operation
- capable of being operated
- capable of being put into practice
adj.1640s, “practicable,” from operate + -able, or else from Late Latin operabilis. Surgical sense, “capable of treatment by operation,” recorded by 1904. Related: Operability. adj.
- Being treatable by surgical operation with a reasonable degree of safety and chance of success.