- able to function or be used; functional: How soon will the new factory be operational?
- of, relating to, or involved in military operations.
- on active service or combat duty: All units of the command are operational.
- of or relating to operations or an operation.
- of or relating to an operation or operations
- in working order and ready for use
- military capable of, needed in, or actually involved in operations
adj.1922, “pertaining to operation,” from operation + -al (1). Meaning “in a state of functionality” is from 1944.