verb (used with object), out·shot, out·shoot·ing.
- to surpass in shooting, as in accuracy or in number of shots made.
- to shoot beyond.
- to shoot (something) out; send forth: a tree outshooting its roots.
verb (used without object), out·shot, out·shoot·ing.
- to shoot forth; project: sparks outshooting from the fire.
- an act or instance of shooting out: an outshoot of his fist that staggered his opponent.
- something that shoots out: a row of outshoots from the soil.
verb (ˌaʊtˈʃuːt) -shoots, -shooting or -shot
- (tr) to surpass or excel in shooting
- to go or extend beyond (something)
- a thing that projects or shoots out
- the act or state of shooting out or protruding