- a city in N Texas.
plural noun, singular pam·pa [pam-puh; Spanish pahm-pah] /ˈpæm pə; Spanish ˈpɑm pɑ/.
- the vast grassy plains of southern South America, especially in Argentina.
- (functioning as singular or more often plural)
- the extensive grassy plains of temperate South America, esp in Argentina
- (as modifier)pampas dwellers
n.“large plains of South America,” 1704, from Spanish pampas, plural of pampa, from Quechua (Peru) pampa “a plain.”
- An extensive, treeless grassland of southern South America.