- pertaining to Mount Parnassus.
- pertaining to poetry.
- of, relating to, or noting a school of French poets of the latter half of the 19th century, characterized chiefly by a belief in art for art’s sake, by an emphasis on metrical form, and by the repression of emotive elements: so called from Le Parnasse Contemporain, the title of their first collection of poems, published in 1866.
- a member of the Parnassian school of French poets.
- of or relating to Mount Parnassus or poetry
- one of a school of French poets of the late 19th century who wrote verse that emphasized metrical form and restricted emotion
- of or relating to the Parnassians or their poetry