- soil science.
- the scientific study of the nature and development of children.
- a US spelling of paedology
- the study of the formation, characteristics, and distribution of soils
n.“scientific study of the soil,” 1924, from Greek pedon “ground, earth,” from PIE root *ped- (see foot (n.)) + -logy. Related: Pedological. Earlier it was a word for “the study of children” (1894), from pedo-. n.
- The study of the physical, mental, and social development and characteristics of children.
- The scientific study of soils, including their origins, characteristics, and classification.