noun, plural pe·dros. Cards.
- any of several varieties of all fours in which the five of trumps counts at its face value.
- the five of trumps.
- Dom Pedro, 1798–1834, king of Portugal (1826, as Pedro IV) and first emperor of Brazil 1822–31.
- Dom Pedro II, 1825–91, emperor of Brazil 1831–89.
- 1798–1834, first emperor of Brazil (1822–31); son of John VI of Portugal: declared Brazilian independence (1822)
- 1825–91, last emperor of Brazil (1831–89); son of Pedro I. He was deposed when Brazil became a republic (1889)