- pipes collectively; a system or network of pipes.
- material formed into a pipe or pipes.
- the act of a person or thing that pipes.
- the sound of pipes.
- a shrill sound.
- the music of pipes.
- a cordlike ornamentation made of icing, used on pastry.
- a tubular band of ornamental material, sometimes containing a cord, used for trimming the edges and seams of clothing, upholstery, etc.
- characterized by the peaceful music of the pipe.
- playing on a musical pipe.
- that pipes.
- emitting a shrill sound: a piping voice.
- piping hot, (of food or drink) very hot.
- pipes collectively, esp pipes formed into a connected system, as in the plumbing of a house
- a cord of icing, whipped cream, etc, often used to decorate desserts and cakes
- a thin strip of covered cord or material, used to edge hems, etc
- the sound of a pipe or a set of bagpipes
- the art or technique of playing a pipe or bagpipes
- a shrill voice or sound, esp a whistling sound
- making a shrill sound
- archaic relating to the pipe (associated with peace), as opposed to martial instruments, such as the fife or trumpet
- piping hot extremely hot
Very hot, as in These biscuits are piping hot. This idiom alludes to something so hot that it makes a piping or hissing sound. [Late 1300s]