- the act of taking or receiving something offered.
- favorable reception; approval; favor.
- the act of assenting or believing: acceptance of a theory.
- the fact or state of being accepted or acceptable.
- acceptation(def 1).
- an engagement to pay an order, draft, or bill of exchange when it becomes due, as by the person on whom it is drawn.
- an order, draft, etc., that a person or bank has accepted as calling for payment and has thus promised to pay.
- the act of accepting or the state of being accepted or acceptable
- favourable reception; approval
- (often foll by of) belief (in) or assent (to)
- a formal agreement by a debtor to pay a draft, bill, etc
- the document so acceptedCompare bank acceptance
- (plural) Australian and NZ a list of horses accepted as starters in a race
- contract law words or conduct by which a person signifies his assent to the terms and conditions of an offer or agreement
1570s, from Middle French acceptance, from accepter (see accept). Earlier in same sense was acceptation (late 14c.).