- a person or thing that rectifies.
- Electricity. an apparatus in which current flows more readily in one direction than the other, for changing an alternating current into a direct current.
- the apparatus that in distillation separates the most volatile material by condensing it; condenser.
- an electronic device, such as a semiconductor diode or valve, that converts an alternating current to a direct current by suppression or inversion of alternate half cycles
- chem an apparatus for condensing a hot vapour to a liquid in distillation; condenser
- a thing or person that rectifies
1610s, agent noun from rectify.
- An electrical device that converts alternating current to direct current. Rectifiers are most often made of a combination of diodes, which allow current to pass in one direction only. Compare converter transformer.