- red with heat; very hot.
- creating much excitement, demand, or discussion: The new toy robot is a red-hot item this Christmas.
- violent; furious: red-hot anger.
- characterized by intense excitement, enthusiasm, or passion.
- very fresh or new; most recent: red-hot tips on the stock market.
- a person who has great fervor or intensity, as for a goal or cause.
- Informal. a hot dog.
- a small cinnamon-flavored candy.
- (esp of metal) heated to the temperature at which it glows rediron is red-hot at about 500°C
- extremely hotthe stove is red-hot, so don’t touch it
- keen, excited, or eager; enthusiastic
- furious; violentred-hot anger
- very recent or topicalred-hot information
- Australian slang extreme, unreasonable, or unfairthe charges are red-hot
late 14c., “heated till it glows red” (of metal, etc.); of persons, “lively, passionate,” it is recorded from c.1600. Red-hot mama is 1926, jazz slang, “earthy female singer,” also “girlfriend, lover.”