- the act of reduplicating; the state of being reduplicated.
- something resulting from reduplicating.
- the process or an instance of redoubling
- the state, condition, or quality of being redoubled
- a thing that has been redoubled
- repetition of a sound or syllable in a word, as in the formation of the Latin perfect tetigi from tangere “touch”
1580s, from French réduplication (16c.), from Late Latin reduplicationem (nominative reduplicatio), noun of action from past participle stem of reduplicare (see reduplicate).
- A redoubling.
- A duplication or doubling, as of the sounds of the heart in certain diseased states.
- The abnormal presence of two parts instead of a single part.
- A fold or duplicature.