- a system of massaging specific areas of the foot or sometimes the hand in order to promote healing, relieve stress, etc., in other parts of the body.
- Medicine/Medical. the study of reflex movements and processes.
- a form of therapy practised as a treatment in alternative medicine in which the soles of the feet are massaged: designed to stimulate the blood supply and nerves and thus relieve tension
- psychol the belief that behaviour can be understood in terms of combinations of reflexes
- The study of reflex responses, especially as they affect behavior.
- A method of massage that relieves nervous tension through the application of finger pressure, especially to the feet.