- the ensigns or emblems of royalty, as the crown or scepter.
- the decorations, insignia, or ceremonial clothes of any office or order.
- rich, fancy, or dressy clothing; finery: guests wearing formal party regalia.
- royal rights or privileges.
pl n (sometimes functioning as singular)
- the ceremonial emblems or robes of royalty, high office, an order, etc
- any splendid or special clothes; finery
1530s, “rights and powers of a king, royal privilege,” from Latin regalia “royal things,” noun use of neuter plural of regalis (see regal). Meaning “decorations or insignia of an order” first recorded 1670s.