noun, plural reg·is·tries.
- the act of registering; registration.
- a place where a register is kept; an office of registration.
- register(defs 1, 2).
- the state of being registered.
- the nationality of a merchant ship as shown on its register.
noun plural -tries
- a place where registers are kept, such as the part of a church where the bride and groom sign a register after a wedding
- the registration of a ship’s country of origina ship of Liberian registry
- another word for registration
late 15c., “act of registering;” see register + -y (1). Meaning “book of record” is from 1620s.