- a person who reminds another of something.
- a person engaged to do this.
- a reminder; memento; souvenir.
- (usually initial capital letter)
- King’s Remembrancer.
- (formerly) any of certain officials of the Court of Exchequer.
- an officer of the corporation of the City of London.
- archaic a reminder, memento, or keepsake
noun (in Britain)
- any of several officials of the Exchequer esp one (Queen’s or King’s Remembrancer) whose duties include collecting debts due to the Crown
- an official (City Remembrancer) appointed by the Corporation of the City of London to represent its interests to Parliament and elsewhere