- an act or instance of remonstrating.
- a protest: deaf to remonstrances.
- the act of remonstrating; protestation
- a protest or reproof, esp a petition presented in protest against something
- See Grand Remonstrance
- the statement of Arminian principles drawn up in 1610 in Gouda in the Netherlands
late 15c., from Middle French remonstrance (15c., Modern French remontrance), from Medieval Latin remonstrantia, from present participle stem of remonstrare “point out, show,” from re-, intensive prefix (see re-), + Latin monstrare “to show” (see monster).