- the act of repeating, or doing, saying, or writing something again; repeated action, performance, production, or presentation.
- repeated utterance; reiteration.
- something made by or resulting from repeating.
- a reproduction, copy, or replica.
- Civil Law. an action or demand for the recovery of a payment or delivery made by error or upon failure to fulfill a condition.
- the act or an instance of repeating; reiteration
- a thing, word, action, etc, that is repeated
- a replica or copy
- civil law Scots law the recovery or repayment of money paid or received by mistake, as when the same bill has been paid twice
early 15c., “act of saying over again,” from Old French repetition and directly from Latin repetitionem (nominative repetitio) “a repeating,” noun of action from past participle stem of repetere “do or say again” (see repeat (v.)). Of actions, attested from 1590s.