- pertaining to or constituting a residue or remainder; remaining; leftover.
- formed by the subtraction of one quantity from another: a residual quantity.
- (of a set) having complement of first category.
- of or relating to the payment of residuals.
- Medicine/Medical. remaining in an organ or part following normal discharge or expulsion: residual air.
- Geology. remaining after the soluble elements have been dissolved: residual soil.
- a residual quantity; remainder.
- Often residuals. something that remains to discomfort or disable a person following an illness, injury, operation, or the like; disability: His residuals are a weak heart and light-headedness.
- the deviation of one of a set of observations or numbers from the mean of the set.
- the deviation between an empirical and a theoretical result.
- Navigation. a slight deviation of an adjusted compass on a certain heading.
- Usually residuals. additional pay given to a performer for reruns, repeated use of a film, radio or TV commercial, or the like, in which the performer appears.
- of, relating to, or designating a residue or remainder; remaining; left over
- (of deposits, soils, etc) formed by the weathering of pre-existing rocks and the removal of disintegrated material
- of or relating to the payment of residuals
- something left over as a residue; remainder
- the difference between the mean of a set of observations and one particular observation
- the difference between the numerical value of one particular observation and the theoretical result
- (often plural) payment made to an actor, actress, musician, etc, for subsequent use of film in which the person appears
- Of, relating to, or characteristic of a residue.
- Remaining as a residue.