- the destruction, disappearance, or dissolution of a tissue or part by biochemical activity, as the loss of bone or of tooth dentin.
- Also called reabsorption. the selective uptake into the bloodstream of substances previously filtered out of the blood.
- the process of resorbing or the state of being resorbed
- geology the partial or complete remelting or dissolution of a mineral by magma, resulting from changes in temperature, pressure, or magma composition
1670s, noun of action from resorb.
- The act or the process of resorbing.