- pertaining to or of the nature of rheumatism.
- affected with or subject to rheumatism.
- a person affected with rheumatism.
- (functioning as singular) informal rheumatism
- of, relating to, or afflicted with rheumatism
- a person afflicted with rheumatism
late 14c., from Old French reumatique (Modern French rhumatique), from Latin rheumaticus “troubled with rheum,” from Greek rheumatikos, from rheuma “discharge from the body” (see rheum).
- Relating to or characterized by rheumatism.
- One who is affected by rheumatism.