- a person who rigs.
- a person whose occupation is the fitting of the rigging of ships.
- a person who works with hoisting tackle, cranes, scaffolding, etc.
- a protective structure around a construction site.
- a mechanic skilled in the assembly, adjustment, and alignment of aircraft control surfaces, wings, and the like.
- parachute rigger.
- a workman who rigs vessels, etc
- rowing a bracket on a racing shell or other boat to support a projecting rowlock
- a person skilled in the use of pulleys, lifting gear, cranes, etc