verb (used with object)
- to test (an automotive vehicle) under normal operating conditions on the road, as by a potential purchaser.
- a check of an automobile’s performance in actual operation on the road.
- an examination of a person’s driving skill, conducted in normal traffic, especially as a requirement for an automobile driver’s license.
- a test to ensure that a vehicle is roadworthy, esp after repair or servicing, by driving it on roads
- a test of something in actual use
verb road-test (tr)
- to test (a vehicle) in this way
- to test (something) in a real and appropriate context