- a seaport in and the former capital of Senegal, at the mouth of the Senegal River.
- a port in E Missouri, on the Mississippi.
- a river in NE Minnesota, flowing generally S to Lake Superior at Duluth. 160 miles (257 km) long.
- Saint,1214?–70, king of France 1226–70.
noun usually abbreviated to: St Louis
- a port in E Missouri, on the Mississippi River near its confluence with the Missouri: the largest city in the state; university; major industrial centre. Pop: 332 223 (2003 est)
- known as Saint Louis. 1214–70, king of France (1226–70): led the Sixth Crusade (1248–54) and was held to ransom (1250); died at Tunis while on another crusade
noun usually abbreviated to: St-Louis
- a port in NW Senegal, on an island at the mouth of the Senegal River: the first French settlement in W Africa (1689); capital of Senegal until 1958. Pop: 183 000 (2005 est)
The largest city in Missouri.