adjective, sas·si·er, sas·si·est. Informal.
- impertinent; insolent; saucy: a sassy reply; a sassy teen.
- pert; boldly smart; saucy: a sassy red handbag.
- sassy bark.
adjective -sier or -siest
- US informal insolent, impertinent
- a W African leguminous tree, Erythrophleum guineense, with poisonous bark (sassy bark) and hard strong wood
- the bark or wood of this tree or the alkaloid derived from them, which is sometimes used in medicine
adj.1833, American English, alteration of saucy. Related: Sassily; sassiness.