noun, plural saw·teeth [saw-teeth] /ˈsɔˌtiθ/.
- one of the cutting teeth of a saw.
- any of the small parallel roof structures forming a sawtooth roof.
- having a zigzag profile, similar to that of the cutting edge of a saw; sawtoothed; serrate: a sawtooth mountain range.
- (of a waveform) having an amplitude that varies linearly with time between two values, the interval in one direction often being much greater than the other
- having or generating such a waveform
n.c.1600, from saw (n.1) + tooth.