- of, pertaining to, situated near, or affecting the ischium or back of the hip.
- affecting the hip or the sciatic nerves.
- a sciatic part, as a nerve, vein, or artery.
- anatomy of or relating to the hip or the hipbone
- of, relating to, or afflicted with sciatica
adj.“pertaining to the hip,” also in reference to the large nerve from the pelvis to the thigh, 1540s, from Middle French sciatique (14c.), from Medieval Latin sciaticus (see sciatica). adj.
- Of or relating to the ischium or to the region of the hipbone in which it is located.
- Of or relating to sciatica.