- of or located on the second story or floor.
- of or relating to a second-story man: The theft was a second-story job.
- the floor or story above the ground floor.
- (in Britain and elsewhere outside the U.S.) the second story completely above ground level.Compare first floor.
- second floor.
- British the storey of a building immediately above the first and two floors up from the groundUS and Canadian term: third floor
- US and Canadian the floor or storey of a building immediately above the ground floorBritish equivalent: first floor