- apparent; appearing, whether truly or falsely, to be as specified: a seeming advantage.
- appearance, especially outward or deceptive appearance.
- in appearance but not necessarily in actualitywith seemingly effortless ease
- (sentence modifier) apparently; as far as one knowsseemingly, he had few friends left
- (prenominal) apparent but not actual or genuineseeming honesty
- outward or false appearance
adj.late 14c., present participle adjective from seem. Seemingly in sense of “to all appearances” recorded from 1590s.