- a glorified or more splendid form of something.
- the act of glorifying.
- the state of being glorified.
- exaltation to the glory of heaven.
- the act of glorifying or state of being glorified
- informal an enhanced or favourably exaggerated version or account
- British informal a celebration
n.1826, from self- + glorification. n.mid-15c. as a term in alchemy, “action of refining; state of being refined,” from Late Latin glorificationem (nominative glorificatio), noun of action from past participle stem of glorificare (see glorify). From c.1500 in theology; general sense by mid-19c.