- the education, instruction, or discipline of a person or thing that is being trained: He’s in training for the Olympics.
- the status or condition of a person who has been trained: athletes in top training.
- of, relating to, or used in or for training: a training manual.
- intended for use during an introductory, learning, or transitional period: a training cup for weaning a baby; a training bra.
- the process of bringing a person, etc, to an agreed standard of proficiency, etc, by practice and instructiontraining for the priesthood; physical training
- (as modifier)training college
- in training
- undergoing physical training
- physically fit
- out of training physically unfit