- the state or process of being sensitized.
- Psychology. the process of becoming susceptible to a given stimulus that previously had no effect or significance.
- a state or condition in which a previously encountered foreign substance triggers an immune reaction.
- an immunologic state or condition that is evidenced by the acquired ability of a cell or individual to detect the presence of a foreign substance upon reexposure to the substance and to react immunologically.
n.1862, originally in photography, noun of action from sensitize. n.
- The act or process of inducing an acquired sensitivity or allergy.