- of or relating to the senses or sensation.
- Physiology. noting a structure for conveying an impulse that results or tends to result in sensation, as a nerve.
- of or relating to the senses or the power of sensation
- of or relating to those processes and structures within an organism that receive stimuli from the environment and convey them to the brain
adj.1749, “pertaining to sense or sensation,” from Latin sensorius, from sensus, past participle of sentire “to perceive, feel” (see sense (n.)). adj.
- Of or relating to the senses or sensation.
- Transmitting impulses from sense organs to nerve centers; afferent.
- Involving the sense organs or the nerves that relay messages from them. Compare motor.