- the fourth of the seven canonical hours, or the service for it, originally fixed for the sixth hour of the day taken as noon.
verb (used with or without object)
- to send someone a sexually explicit digital image, video, text message, or email, typically a photo of oneself, usually by cell phone.
- a sexually explicit digital image, text message, etc., sent to someone usually by cell phone.
- mainly RC Church the fourth of the seven canonical hours of the divine office or the prayers prescribed for it: originally the sixth hour of the day (noon)
- RC Church an official compilation of decretals issued by Boniface VIII in 1298 to supplement the five books of the Liber Extra. It forms part of the Corpus Juris CanoniciIn full: Liber Sextus
v.by 2005, from contraction of sex (n.) + text (v.). Related: Sexted; sexting. n.early 15c., “third of the lesser canonical hours,” from Latin sexta (hora), fem. of sextus, ordinal of sex (see six).