- (in philosophical Taoism) the virtue or power inherent in a person or thing existing in harmony with the Tao.
- travel and entertainment.
- we who are about to die salute you: said by Roman gladiators to the emperor.
- music (in tonic sol-fa) the syllable used for the seventh note or subtonic of any scale
the chemical symbol for
- The symbol for the elementtellurium
- The symbol for tellurium.
- A metalloid element that occurs as either a brittle, shiny, silvery-white crystal or a gray or brown powder. Small amounts of tellurium are used to improve the alloys of various metals. Atomic number 52; atomic weight 127.60; melting point 449.5°C; boiling point 989.8°C; specific gravity 6.24; valence 2, 4, 6. See Periodic Table.