- the numbers 13 through 19, especially in a progression, as the 13th through the 19th years of a lifetime or of a given or implied century.
- Archaic. suffering; grief.
- Obsolete. injury; harm.
- a teenager.
- the years of a person’s life between the ages of 13 and 19 inclusive
- all the numbers that end in -teen
- informal another word for teenage
- obsolete affliction or woe
n.1670s (plural), “teen-age years of a person,” formed from -teen taken as a separate word. As “decade of years comprising numbers ending in -teen,” from 1889. n.“teen-aged person,” 1818 (but rare before 20c.), from -teen. As an adjective meaning “of or for teen-agers,” from 1947.