- Also called Thai·land·er [tahy-lan-der, -luh n-] /ˈtaɪˌlæn dər, -lən-/. a native or descendant of a native of Thailand.
- the language of Thailand, a member of the Tai group of languages.
- of or relating to Thailand, its people, or their language; Siamese.
- of, relating to, or characteristic of Thailand, its people, or their language
- plural Thais or Thai a native or inhabitant of Thailand
- the language of Thailand, sometimes classified as belonging to the Sino-Tibetan family
1808, native name, from Tai, literally “free.” Thai stick “Asian marijuana cigarette” is attested by 1976.