adjective Also the·at·ric.
- of or relating to the theater or dramatic presentations: theatrical performances.
- suggestive of the theater or of acting; artificial, pompous, spectacular, or extravagantly histrionic: a theatrical display of grief.
- dramatic performances, now especially as given by amateurs.
- artificial or histrionic actions.
- a professional actor: a family of renowned theatricals.
- dramatic performances and entertainments, esp as given by amateurs
- of or relating to the theatre or dramatic performances
- exaggerated and affected in manner or behaviour; histrionic
adj.1550s, “pertaining to the theater,” from theater + -ical. Sense of “stagy, histrionic” is attested from 1709.